My friend Marlene is a “foodie” and luckily being friends with her since University set me on the way to enjoy good food and wine – cooking at home for friends or eating out. So when I was looking for some recommendations for restaurants in Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec City, I asked Marlene.
Here are her suggestions:
- 18 — an exceptional but high-end restaurant – good for a special occasion;
- La Botega – located in Byward Market. It’s a grocery store in the front and a deli/café in the back.
- Royal Thai
- Les Pyrenees – very close to Holder; it’s always busy – good place to try for breakfast or lunch. It’s a chacouterie.
- Holder — a typical French restaurant
- La Grillade – a Lebanese restaurant. Get your lunch to go or there is a small patio
- Bakery Le Paillard (not sure if the word Bakery is part of name) — for breakfast or lunch — croissants, pastries
I hope I get the opportunity to try out some of these restaurants. In the meantime, let me know if you go and what you think. I’m always looking for suggestions too. These days, I’m more into budget restaurants, so keep that in mind.